Thursday, January 21, 2010

broken goods: fix it already!

i completed another one of lauren's projects today. (go here to find out who lovely and talented lauren is.) lauren's project this week was to fix all that broken stuff around your house that you keep ignoring month after month or even year after year. go here to see what lauren fixed. i chose to fix a table and lamp. both items reside in our guest room. the table was made by my father-in-law. it's walnut and is a reproduction of an antique that he saw in a friend's house. the lamp is an alabaster lamp that belonged to my grandparents.

here is the table and broken piece.

i used elmer's wood glue.

a little dab of glue...

...here...

...and there.

wipe off the mess. (sorry...bad bad picture.)


now for the lamp. the old shade was yuk. threw it away.

bought a new shade and harp at target.

removed old harp.

installed new harp.

put old finial back on. (someday i will get a prettier finial. this one is plastic. not that nice.)

voila! new lamp shade!

table and lamp fixed!


this little fix-it project took me all of ten minutes. i already had all of the supplies. it was just a matter of deciding to do it already! thanks again lauren for the motivation. i can't wait for next week's project!

3 comments:

  1. I love the lamp shade. Its making me want to redecorate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have things in my home that I have to attend to and fix. I have been following Pure Style Home and her home projects. She is great! Thought I would stop by!

    Have a great weekend~
    ~jamilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every client I have we always find a new shade for at least one old lamp and it completely transforms it! I love the final picture with the colourful bed!

    ReplyDelete

tell me something good!