Tuesday, May 31, 2011

donating goods: 40 bags of it....ok maybe only 25, but who's counting?

remember way back before easter when i set out to get rid of 40 trash bags of stuff in 40 days?



well, easter came and went and i kept working on my 40 bags.

i didn't quite make it to 40, but i am pretty happy with the results of the project.

 (22 trash bags lined up in our hallway. black=donations, white=trash.)



and of course, i have to save some things for next year. :)

here are a few areas in our house that benefited from this lenten household cleansing.

 (hair accessories in the girls' bathroom)

 (everything in its place, our mornings are much more efficient now.)

 (the beach towels are in a better location. now i can reach them!)

 (three different types of toothpaste. why? not sure.)

 (halloween make-up, nail polish, lip gloss, chap stick, lotion.)




 (schrunk in our family room. games. camera equipment, magazines.)

 (LOVE seeing all my magazines so organized!)

(cabinet in our family room filled with art supplies.)

there are a few more areas like my closet, bathroom, laundry room, sewing room, pantry and attic that i cleaned out. i just didn't get pictures of all of those places.

the last time i counted, i had about 25 bags, one tv, one nightstand, and a couple of lamps. soon, i will be taking everything to a local donation center. that will be a good day!

i would love to hear about your success with the 40 bags/40 days project. i know there were a lot of you who did this with me. how many bags did you get? 

~elisabeth

4 comments:

  1. Way to go on your organization success. I think I got rid of about 15 bags, but I didnt do a great job keeping track. I had a yard sale and got rid of some stuff the rest of it went to Goodwill or consignment. I still have several places that need decluttering, its a constant process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work!

    I recently discovered your blog and awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award! Check it out: http://jennasuedesign.blogspot.com/2011/06/i-won-something.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh!! I didn't get around to it... but seeing all your neat, organized areas makes me want to!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. rock on! You did a fantastic job!!! De-cluttering/organizing is the best design idea ever! I am totally in need of some re-org/purging! :) Starting... hopefully next week! :) Gotta get through this weekend's birthday festivities!

    ReplyDelete

tell me something good!