Monday, October 31, 2011

playroom goods: 3D magnetic bin numbers

i thought it would be fun to add a graphic punch in the playroom with numbers on the toy bins.

i liked the idea of the numbers being easily removable, so we can put the bins in proper order by simply moving the number and not the whole bin. wow, that sounds really lazy of us. now that i think of it, i'm not even sure why these bins need to be numbered or in proper order. oh, right...it's graphic and cute. good enough for me!



 {is anyone else slightly frightened by those barbie heads sticking out?}


i started with simple wood numbers from my local craft store.


hung the numbers on nails on a piece of plywood. 

sprayed them with primer.

topped with white spray paint. 

and yes, i had to flip the 5 and re-spray it, because apparently i don't know which way a 5 goes.


i bought this handy dandy adhesive magnetic tape at my local craft store. (which, by-the-way, isn't very "local". i live in a pretty sizable town and my closest big box craft store is a 20 minute drive. i know you are wondering how on earth i survive.)


 peel and stick.



put my coffee table books to use. (does anyone ever actually read those?)


and voila!


{these metal bins are from target, about 5 years ago. we will have them forever and always. love them.}

for the rest of the projects in this room, you can click on the brand new handy dandy tabs i added at the top of the blog, under the header. this is a new feature so please let me know if it isn't working correctly or if you can't find what you are looking for. thanks!

linking up here.


xoxo,
elisabeth

3 comments:

  1. VERY COOL!

    the nearest craft store to me is 40miles away.. injustice, I'm tellin' ya! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such an awesome idea!! I love all the colors of the metal bins. Such a great way to organize. Thanks for sharing this at Thursday's Temptation
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I have already commented, but I just wanted to let you know I am featuring this on my blog today!!

    http://twoyellowbirdsdecor.blogspot.com/2012/02/thursdays-temptation-link-party-3-some.html
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

tell me something good!