These builder's grade brass chandeliers are readily available.
Every time I go to my local thrift stores they are all over the place; typically $5-$10 each.
I found this one at Goodwill for $6.00.
I took the white plastic thingies and the brass cup thingies off.
Spray Paint LOVE!!!
Yep, this is pretty much the only way I will ever be utilizing our handy dandy chin-up bar.
And there you have it!
I also added cute little round light bulbs for fun. They really add some quirkiness to the chandi.
Spray painting these chandeliers is pretty easy. The hardest part is finding a place to hang it. I don't have a picture if it, but I use a tall plant hanger thing that stakes into the ground and has a hook. It's about 6 feet tall and works perfectly. Then I walk around the chandi spraying like a fool.
Note: Do not spray paint outside on a windy day. I learned this the hard way. Oh, and don't wear your favorite Coach sunglasses that you found at T.J.Maxx for a steal. You will reeeeeally regret that. Unless you like the idea of red speckled sunglasses.
I sprayed two or three coats. It dries fast. Hard. Smooth. Shiny. Love it.
Go here to see how i painted this room.
Go here to see my $7 dining room chandi re-do.
Go here to see the rest of the play room.
Go here to see how i transformed the vintage school desk.
xoxo,
Elisabeth


That chandy looks like a million bucks! Those cute little bulbs are such a fantastic choice too. I would never have thought to use those.
ReplyDeleteelizabeth, the PR looks awesome. so glad you are back!!!! :) thanks for the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteToo cute!
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love this and I'm going to try if for my new home. I already found the chandelier!! Thanks!!
ReplyDelete