have you seen this pin yet?
{look at that fun hat with the bird on it!}
or this one?
{i love these fresh pine wreaths and the snazzy mittens}
or this one?
{this one really pops with the use of white snowy wreaths}
cute, right?
here is my version:
i would estimate that mr. snoman here cost me about $12.00. i bought everything at my (not so) local craft store. (my friend rachel told me the other day that her craft store is less than a mile from her house. ummmm...jealous much?)
ok, here goes:
gather three wreaths in graduating sizes.
grab pipe cleaners from your kid's craft stash:
cut a few green ones in half:
lay the wreaths out upside-down, like this:
and tie them together with the pipe cleaners like this:
find a couple of sticks in your backyard (or "help" your neighbor "clean" up their yard), and stick them through the wreaths...(the sticks not your neighbor)
...and then secure with pipe cleaners.
accessorize your man however you choose!
i ended up stuffing a couple grocery bags in the hat to help it keep it's shape. to hold the hat on to the wreath i just used my regular old office stapler and stapled it to the wreath stems in three or four different spots.
don't forget to fluff fluff fluff!
i think it could be a fun tradition to dress him up differently each year, take pictures and see how he evolves throughout the years.
at night i have a big spotlight that shines on our front door so our snowman is center stage all night long!
do you have a special wreath or decoration that you put on your front door?
to read about how i hang my window wreaths go here.
xoxo,
elisabeth



Seriously cute!
ReplyDeleteI'm laughing because I took the exact same picture of "fluffed vs. un-fluffed wreaths"...and I almost went around my neighborhood snapping pics of unfluffed outdoor wreaths (they are driving me nuts).
Yours is my fave of the bunch! I love the Santa hat! I'll bet the girls get a kick out of it too ;)
ReplyDeleteRidiculously cute:)I would love if you stopped over to link it up at Get Schooled Saturday a Too Much Time on my Hands!
ReplyDeletehttp://kim-toomuchtimeonmyhands.blogspot.com/2011/12/get-schooled-saturday-3.html
Yep! I pinned that one too! Now, I have to brave the craft store, because I have a bunch of wreaths but only in one size... Your version is great! I like the Santa hat.
ReplyDelete